Thursday, May 28, 2009

So....I am on my hormone streak!

This is the start of a long road for myself and everyone involved with me. We are having another baby and we couldn't be more thrilled and excited. It's something to get EXCITED about!!!! What a blessing from the Lord. I have had to go weekly since May 11th for hormone level testing and all has been pretty good. With Payton and this baby, I have had a little trouble with my progesterone level so I am back on Crinone 8% for the first trimester. I had an ultrasound today that revealed I am only 5 weeks and 5 days pregnant. A sac was seen but no heartbeat yet (that's pretty normal at this stage) I am going back next week since I will be over 6 weeks then to see if more is to be seen. So already, we have a long journey ahead. I ask that you all pray for a healthy, full term pregnancy. I am tired, moody, cranky, emotional and here. So because of all those reasons, I am going to use this as my "way to vent" for a moment.
I don't know why people feel the need to be negative about this situation. First of all, it's OUR situation and we are soooooo excited. This is a wonderful situation as far as we are concerned. We finally have our own personal basketball team!:) There are so many people who try and try and never have a chance to get pregnant and never have children. We are BLESSED. Our Lord trusts us enough to raise His children and I wouldn't change that for a second, no matter who has their opinions about it!! He will never let us fail and He will see us through good and bad, as He's never let us down thus far. We put our faith and trust in God and we believe we are in His will. And at the end of the day, that's all that matters!!!!
So my wish is that people would keep their remarks or opinions to themselves unless it's to uplift and encourage. To feel any way but happy about a life that was created and was wanted and will be loved is just wrong in my eyes.
I am so thankful I have a husband who loves me and his children, who Trusts the Lord and puts all his hope in Christ alone. I am so thankful I have parents, a grandmother, a brother and sister and a ton of friends who are 100% behind us and supporting us. Thank you to all who have shown your support in one way or another. Thank you for the encouraging emails, phone calls and prayers that are coming our way, they are so much appreciated and needed!

4 comments:

Maria Sullivan said...

We love you guys and are here to help you in any way! You both are awesome parents and the Lord definetly knows who to give big families to and ya'll make it work so well. Don't sweat the small stuff and small talk... for this too shall pass and at the end of the day or.. the end of the pregnancy all will be forgotten when that precious one arrives!!!! love you all tons! The Sullivan's

Alexis Boster said...

We love you guys and support you! And you know I am ready as always to make Chicken and Rice for your growing family! We can't wait for time with the Pendergrass family this summer! If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to call! We love you all!

Lindsay & Family said...

Oh my, I am REALLY happy for you!! I have always thought you were such an awesome mommy...in fact, maybe you can give ME some encouraging words since I'm scared out of my mind to have a 4 year old, 2 year old, and newborn!! After all, you obviously know what you're doing since your kiddos, you and your hubby are SO positive and happy!! I love your positive attitude--it is inspirational. I'll be thinking and praying for your little, growing one. He/She is a blessing, like you said, and you are AWESOME for knowing it. Again, I just LOVE your attitude--you are great!!
(ignore those weird comments...people will say the strangest things to pregnant women, won't they? people keep stopping me and commenting on my HUGE belly for me being only 6 months. Rude!)

Crystal Morse said...

Girl, unhappy people will say anything to a happy person to bring them down. Don't let anyone or anything rain on your parade! GOD DOESN'T MAKE MISTAKES!! This is a GIFT! Celebrate any way you know how. Scream from the rooftops, e-mail everyone, send letters...tell anyone who will listen that you've been given ANOTHER beautiful life, cause this is such a special time for you and Adam and the kids. Psalm 127:4,5 says "As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man, so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them." CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!