Saturday, September 17, 2011

few and far between.........

means more to updates to let you in on. And man oh man, there's much to fill you in with.
This summer I went on the most amazing trip of my life. TO BRAZIL. I left the kids, the husband, and all my responsibilities behind and took off to another part of the world for 2 whole weeks. I missed home and my familiy terribly, but I fell in love with the most amazing people in the world. Brazilians are without so many luxaries that we take for granted, but they are so happy and full of joy. They enjoy life in the "slow lane". Walking most everywhere they go and taking in God's creation. The Holy Spirit moves in power there, because these people EXPECT it and I enjoyed every single second of every single day there with 35 americans with me. The food was like nothing I have ever tasted in my life. My mouth still waters as I sit here and think about it! So many unexpected things came to pass on this trip, but I had a little unexpected moment of my own. DAY 2....day 2 is when I had to walk down to the pharmacy and since I am NOT FLUENT in PORTUGUESE, I had to use "unofficial" sign language to purchase a pregnancy test.....and after trying to decipher the directions (no, they aren't like american pregnancy tests, and MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH mroe expensive) and several questions later, I had a POSITIVE! I had to skype my husband and let him know BLESSING NUMBER 6 WOULD ARRIVE IN FEB 2012!
I still can't put into words how this trip has changed my life and how I have a GINORMEOUS heart for BRAZIL. I am so ready to go back and honestly, I would move there in a heartbeat. It's simply breathtaking. We stayed right outside of Rio and traveled hours each day to different little cities. Thank you to those of you who helped with my family while I was away and for the prayer covereage while we were out of the country. Many lifelong friends were made and relationships formed and I am so thankful to have been a part of it.
Now...on a side note.....we need YOUR help! Our brains are fried and we need names for this baby... send boy names, girl names, middle names, fav names. but most especially UNIQUE names! I can't wait to go through what you send us! THANK YOU!




No comments: